Nelson Funeral Home in Minnewaukan History
The Plummer family arrived in Minnewaukan, midnight May 31, 1884. They operated hardware and general stores. Their early building burned and the Wm Plummer building was built in 1909 as a general store. The upper level housed offices for doctors, lawyers and in later years a four bedroom apartment.
Since the 1960’s the building was owned by various individuals, who operated hardware stores until being purchased by Paul Nelson and remodeled into a funeral home in 1989.
The funeral home was purchased by Charles Dunnigan and in 2009 by Marnie Brooks Steinwand and Dean Steinwand.